The smallest town in the UK (allegedly) where everyone
can expect a friendly welcome.
The Victoria Hall was built in 1887 to provide a community
hall for the people of Llanwrtyd & District.
It has remained in use as a community hall throughout
its existance except for a period in the 1940's when it was the assembly
hall for the Bromsgrove School which had relocated to Llanwrtyd during
World War 11 and for a period in the 1950's when it was converted to
use as a cinema.
A period of run down followed but in 1987, the centenary
year of the Hall, positive efforts were made to restore the hall in
order to encourage social and cultural activity.
The Hall retains much of its original style and atmosphere
whilst it has undergone several phases of development and refurbishment,
the most recent update took place in 2007